up to 70%
The Low Vision Works® Rehabilitation Program
The Low Vision Works® program is a highly effective vision rehabilitation process that restores vision and functionality to individuals suffering from low vision disabilities- such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and certain types of stroke-related vision disorders.
The Low Vision Works program is the only low vision process consistently able to increase visual functional acuity and reading speed & accuracy.THE LVW DIFFERENCE
Since the Low Vision Works program was introduced back in 2001 the results have been nothing short of amazing.
Our patients have experienced:
- An average increase in visual acuity between 40 and 70%
- Reading speed and accuracy often doubles or even triples
- Ability to read print sizes two to three times smaller
Our patients are thrilled to be able to:
- Read and watch TV
- Prepare meals
- Use a computer and cell phone
- Groom themselves
- Read a restaurant menu
- See the faces of their loved ones
In the comfort of your home or office
Using our proprietary visual training program, our Occcupational Therapists will work with you in the comfort of your home or office to:
- Maximize the use of your remaining vision
- Improve or maintain reading abilities by means of our visual training program
- Modify activities and environment in order to increase safety and independence
- Select appropriate assistive devices
- Use assistive devices and adaptive equipment to compensate for decrease vision
- Access community support groups and resources
Each session is approximately 1 hour, one to two times per week for approximately 8 weeks.
Low vision is a growing problem, striking seniors more than any other age group.
As the U.S. population ages, we see more and more people effected by macular degeneration – it strikes someone new every three minutes in the U.S.
The Effects Of Low Vision
“I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done for my mother. She can play bridge again!”June R.